Monday 2 August 2010

Welcome

Hello and welcome to Luke Loves...

I'm Nuala, a thirty one year old freelance writer and mammy to the amazing Luke who is three years old. I am busy working on my first novel Soho 4am and am half way through a Masters in Creative Writing.

My very favourite thing, apart from Luke and writing, is to spend hours poring over cookery books and experimenting in the kitchen. I love cooking and discovering new tastes and combinations. As a veggie, I have made it my mission to make sure we never miss out on variety, excitement and deliciousness when it comes to mealtimes.

My little boy Luke appears to have inherited this love for cooking and has progressed from being quite a fussy eater to a real adventurous little gourmet. He can identify all the spices in the cupboard ( his favourite is cumin), absolutely adores picking tomatoes, potatoes, green beans and shallots from Grandad's garden and chives and courgettes from our own little patch, and is my right hand man in the kitchen when it comes to stirring, whisking, sprinkling and best of all tasting!

At the moment Luke loves:

1. Peanut Butter
2. Stewed Rhubarb with Custard
3. Avocado
4. Boiled Eggs and Soldiers
5. Cheese and Onion Souffle
6. Cowboy Casserole (Veggie sausages and beans)
7. Kidney Beans ( we have to make double the amount when cooking Chilli)
8. Spicy Aubergine Curry
9. Brioche
10. Falafel Packed Pittas

Each day will feature recipes, meal ideas, tips and advice on creating wholesome, delicious veggie dishes that are affordable and simple to prepare.

Enjoy xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment